*DETAILED* How To Cut The Lace Off A Frontal Wig
When you get a new lace frontal wig, it usually has extra lace on the forehead and you need to trim the extra lace of the wig for the most natural look. How to cut the extra lace is your essential lesson. Here are some tools you need: scissors, tweezers, a wig Head(optional), a wig clip, patience. Shop Hair Tools>>
For people who like to cut the lace after installing the lace frontal wig, these steps below should be helpful :
1. First make sure your natural hair is as flat as possible under the wig.
2. Wear the lace front wig and make it to match your natural hairline.
3. Adjust the wig until it fits your head completely.
4. Use hair clips to pull all hair back.
5. Cut off the ear tabs. Use the pointy end of a comb to part the hair above your hair, then pin up the hair, use scissors to cut around the shape of your ear and remove the tab.
6. Cut the lace into three sections first, starting at the center of lace on the wig, then cut in a zigzag pattern until it reaches one side end. Get as close to the hairline as possible without cutting any hair off the wig. When cutting lace, try using the natural shape of your hairline as a guide. This step is important, so take some time and cut small pieces at a time until you have cut off all the extra lace. When cutting lace, be careful not to cut natural hair.
Cutting the extra lace after wearing the wig will be easier, and you can adjust the lace wig to fit your head at any time.
As for people who like to cut the extra lace at the beginning before applying the human hair lace front wig. Here are the steps:
1. Wear the lace front wig firstly, and please make it to fit your head completely.
2. Make sure the hairline is flush with your natural hairline. This is the most important step.
3. Cut off the extra lace around the corner near your ears.
4. Place the ruler vertically on the lace. Starting from the left side of the lace where the front lace wig meets the lace. Use the pen to place a small dot 1/8 inch or 1/4 inch on the front of the lace. If the lace starts to wear and needs to be cut, leave extra length to prevent loss of the hairline.
5. Draw a line that connects the dots.
6. Take off your wig. Put the lace front wig on a wig head and remove the loose strands from the pre-plucked lace wig.
7. Use scissors to cut the lace along the line you made with the dots. Do not leave pen marks on the lace. The front of the hairline can only have about 2mm lace.
When you cut the extra lace at the beginning, then measure the extra lace you need to cut is quiet important, you need to very careful to adjust the wig so that it can completely fit your head.